Kurangani, a remote village nestled in sylvan surroundings on the Western Ghats at Kottakudi village, in Bodi. This region remains an unexplored tourism spot.
As we trek, we will be able to see Kurangani village below. The trek route is reasonable and some places are hard to climb. Few streams are dried up due to failure in monsoon.
Although, Kurangani Hills is near Theni and Kolukkumalai Hills -- the highest hills for tea plantation in the world at an altitude close to 8,000 feet -- the place is still not known in the tourism circuit. However, several foreign tourists do come here and spend their time enjoying the nature.
Some nature lovers within the state also frequently visit Kurangani Hills for trekking and other related activities. Many film-makers too have been charmed by the nature here. Tamil films such as Alagar Samiyin Kuthurai, Myna and Kumki were shot on the Hills. The best months to explore the Hills are between August to December
Frequently changing weather, low-hanging clouds, chilly atmosphere and strong winds coupled with wide range of flora and fauna are the things to enjoy in the hills. One can spot Indian guars, barking deer, langurs, wild cats and birds.
However, the villagers warn about the presence of leopards and tigers. But we couldn't spot any wild animals except wild chicks, and birds.
The Kuranganj Hills offers an amazing spot for trekking enthusiasts and nature lovers at large. The splendid view tea plantation hills along with the dense woods and soothing grasslands make the location capable of letting you experience a cherished journey.
About the Trek
The Kuranganj Hills trek constitutes a 12 km hike from Kurangani village to Top Station through Central village. Kurangani Hill is located near to the Kolukkumalai Hills, which is a prominent place for tea plantation in the world that stands at an altitude close to 8,000 feet.
The charming beauty of the constantly changing weather and low-hanging clouds make the spot heavenly beautiful. Also, the chilly atmosphere and strong winds along with the mesmerizing composition of flora and fauna are some phenomenal features of the spot that make it ideal for a memorable trekking experience. The trek gets you the best scope of experiencing wildlife with campfire along with a comfortable stay and an incredible scenic beauty.
The Kuranganj Hills provides 1 Night Stay in Top station Tents with an accommodation on sharing Basis (2 /3 /4).
The Kurangani Trek proved 2 Days Food served as Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner (Veg and Non-Veg), along with Tea / Coffee with Snacks
Check-In: 11:00 am
How to reach
The Kurangani Hills are located 55 km away from Kodaikanal, near Bodi in Theni district that can be reached conveniently with the help of private and public transportation.
Maximum booking capacity: 50 Pax
Pick up N Proceed to Base Camp
Fresh up and Breakfast
Briefing About Trek
Proceed to Trek to Top Station
ReachWater Falls in Mid / Relax
Continue to Trek
On the Way Lunch (Packed)
Evening Reach Top Station
Hi Tea / Snacks
Campfire (Optional BBQ)
Night Stay in Tents under Stars
- Trekking Guide / Forest Permission
- Service Charge and Taxes
Things To Carry
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Comfortable Shoes
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leaders’ decisions will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get cancelled. In such cases operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However a cash refund will not be applicable for the same.
- Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 15 business days
- All applicable refunds will be done in traveller's thrillophilia wallet as Thrillcash
Booking Confirmation Policy
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
- Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking before confirmation and a full refund will be processed.
How to Reach:
Nearest Airport : Madurai
Nearest Railway station : Madurai
Reaching from Madurai-Usilampatti-Andipati to Theni